It all began in 1919 when W.J. Lawton had a desk in the back of his grocery store and dealt only with Hartford Insurance. Then, in 1965 Ben F. Ward bought and expanded the business and after several years of operating a building, real estate, and insurance business. Ward sold the Ben Ward Insurance Agency to Harvey Winchester from Massachusetts. Winchester formed Gale, Ward & Winchester along with Jack L. Gale, a prominent Central Florida real estate agent. The firm grew with the town of Oviedo in the 70s and 80s and called the brick colonial building home.
In 1991 Bill Winchester and Lori Forrest bought the agency. Currently, the office is owned and managed by President, Lori Forrest. We are currently located at 376 N. Central Avenue in Oviedo.